Welcome to Gentle Family Chiropractic!
We understand that arriving at a doctor's office for the first time can be nerve wracking. If you've never experienced chiropractic care before, you may not know what to expect when you come to our London Ontario chiropractic office for the first time. Filling out paperwork, learning new faces and names, and getting to know your way around the office can be an overwhelming experience.
That's why at Gentle Family Chiropractic our aim is to remove any unnecessary stress or tension and make you feel comfortable during your visit with our chiropractor.
During the current conditions, we have implemented special protocols for all patients of Gentle Family Chiropractic.
Protocols for Covid-19
- To give time for disinfecting and to minimize activity in the office, appointments will be more spaced out.
- The chiropractic table, equipment, desks, pens, payment machine etc will be sanitized between each appointment.
- Doorknobs and the bathroom will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Patients will be asked to wait in their car until they are waved in.
- Patients must use provided hand sanitizer (or wash their hands) when they come in the office.
- Any required forms will be completed online and submitted electronically: This includes new patient and reexamination forms. For now, consent forms are still to be signed in the office.
- A Covid-19 health survey will be emailed to you 12 hours before each appointment. This MUST be completed before your appointment.
- You may also be screened over the phone when booking your appointment.
- If multiple members of your family have appointments around the same time, only one family member can enter the office at a time.
- Only one person at a time (in addition to myself) will be allowed in the adjustment room -- unless the appointment is for a baby or small child in which case one guardian needs to be present.
- Since we will not be able to social distance during your appointments, I will be wearing a surgical mask during your visit and as usual, be washing hands between every appointment. You are also requested to wear a mask.
- Only debit, Visa, Mastercard, and e-transfers will be accepted at this time.
- If you require a receipt. it will be emailed to you. Unfortunately, no paper receipts will be given at this time. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Our website has lots of information to help you decide whether this office is right for you. To make it even easier, we have an online booking system (use the TEAL button at the top of the page) for both human and animal patients. You can check out our schedule and find a time that's right for you. You can even fill out your paperwork so we can get started as soon as you arrive for your appointment!
Of course, if you have any questions or just want to talk to a human being, please call our London Ontario chiropractic office at 519 476 8700!
What to Expect
We use a gentle adjustment method at our office. In fact it's why most people contact us. They like the 'no twisting, turning or cracking' that we provide here. And gentle adjustments are just as effective as 'regular' adjustments, providing the same kind of relief in the same amount of time.
There are different reasons for coming to our office: Chronic symptoms, acute pain, prenatal issues, improving your child's health or increasing your pet's mobility.
Many pregnant women come to see Dr. Maya because she is certified in a special technique specifically designed to help them. Webster's Technique has been found to reduce labour time, decrease pregnancy aches and pains as well as potentially helping the baby get in the proper position for birth. No matter the reason for making an appointment, each new patient needs an initial consultation and examination. This assessment allowsDr. Maya to create the most effective treatment plan.
Your First Chiropractic Appointment
The consultation lets you meet the doctor and learn about Chiropractic. It also helps us determine if we think chiropractic can help you. If we think it can, and you agree, the next step is a complete chiropractic examination. This examination will help determine which areas of your spine and nervous system are involved and related to your health issues. Dr. Maya performs a hands-on chiropractic examination to obtain important clinical information and may recommend x-rays (which are covered by your Ontario Health Card) to learn more about your condition. An adjustment may be given on this visit.
Report of Findings-- Second Appointment
Once the information is collected and examinations are performed, Dr. Maya Pande will give you a detailed report of all findings and answer any questions including:
- How can you help me?
- How often do I need to come in?
- What will my treatment cost?
After reviewing your health history, goals, and examining your spine and possibly X-rays, she will discuss recommendations and notify you if your condition requires care with other providers.
Follow up appointments will be about 10-15 minutes long. At certain points in your care, you'll get a progress exam to see how you're doing.